Skip to main content

TGIF



Today is Friday. Seems like basically everybody else knew that but me. I thought yesterday was Friday which was a real bummer because I had this awesome throwback Thursday picture for Instagram... so now I'll have to just throwback to Thursday. 

So yesterday, Let's see... Interesting things... Ummm (blogging is harder than it looks).

I have come to realize the milk is very sweet; especially when you cannot add sugar and die to your water (ie Mountain Dew). Drinking milk feels like cheating but it's not. I know that technically the cows add sugar to it but they can't help it so it's not on the label. And I doubt California and Hawaiian Sugar Company have had the time to add sugar to cows when there are so many other things to put sugar in.

Thursday was spent mostly staring at the ceiling because I was too tired from work to live but not sleepy enough to stay asleep. After 2 quarts of milk, I felt well enough to go to the library and shop for some food. That wore me out and I had to lay down to rest; ended up going to bed at 9pm (super early for me). Boy, that last paragraph gives no value to this blog, I should stop while I am ahead.

I am pumped for today. My awesome wife has made me a sugarless (and no artificial sweeteners) cheesecake for my birthday.

And today is Friday which means I got paid (fun surprise for me) so I did what any sugar-starved person does and compensated with carbs - a pallet load of kettle brand crinkle chips. Potatoes + oil + sea salt = awesome. The raw and bleeding wounds in my mouth (from eating my chips in one sitting) make it hard to eat, so my carb binge was self-limiting. I am also rediscovering all these other nutrient-dense foods that are sweet. Milk, raw honey, stevia-sweetened coke (a cola), and a crazy number of fruit products from applesauce to fruit leathers - all made without adding sugar.

Awesome.