Skip to main content

Day 1

Day 1 {To keep everyone on the same page when I say "Day" I am referring to the midnight to midnight section. I will refer to past times from the perspective of a night shifter so "yesterday" can actually include anything from up to 48hrs from today; "today" starts a 4pm yesterday and "tomorrow" begins at 8am today (if you have any questions I can answer them later tomorrow)}

Well, this no sugar thing is a piece of cake, easy as pie, like taking candy from a baby, simple as duck soup a real challenge.
Did you know that goldfish have sugar in them?
I know, GOLDFISH!!
They are cheese and crackers and salt-shaped like fish, why is sugar in them?!
And pretzels, they have it too. And yogurt. And Rice Krispies. And even glazed doughnuts! I would not be shocked if there was sugar in my broccoli. Have I bitten off more than one can chew? Probably not, there is nothing without sugar in it to bite.

However difficult, I made it through the first day - I feel that I can actually do this. Look at it this way, it's not like I really have any time to eat sugar, yesterday I spend:
11hrs sleeping
1hr on personal hygiene and dressing
3hrs on Facebook
2hrs on Snapchat
5hrs reading books
7hrs hanging out with my family
2hrs on Instagram (plus that hour it took to actually get the good shot)
3hrs watching TV
7hrs preparing healthy food
30min eating healthy food (no sugar I promise)
4min brushing my teeth
Give or take a few hours where things overlapped like sleeping and Facebook and that leaves you with very little time to worry about eating sugar.

Coffee, on the other hand, is way easier to avoid, I have been looking at labels and haven't found it in anything but coffee beans; which for my convenience are clearly labeled. "Big Coffee" is not sneaking it into doughnuts and M&M (there might be some untapped markets out there).

Overall I feel great. No nausea, vomiting, tremor, sweating, anxiety, agitation, headaches, dizziness, numbness or tingling in the hand and feet, visual, auditory, or tactile hallucinations, haven't punched anyone in the face, and I think I can think and speak clearly. But from what I read regarding withdrawal; the symptoms of a mild to moderate binge user don't usually appear for a couple days.