Skip to main content

Day 1 (again) - Awesome Doughnuts

Now that my official sugar and coffee hiatus (always separate NEVER mixed) is over, I feel great. This is partly due to having awesome friends that surprised me with birthday coffee and jelly doughnuts to celebrate my latest year of existence and the end of my 10-day detox.

It was so special to get sugar from my dear friends. I have to say, it was one of the most amazing doughnuts I have ever had. The strange part was, as I sat eating my strawberry jam-filled doughnut, that it was pleasantly satisfying.

I enjoyed the doughnut, I did not crave it.
I got to eat it because it was something special.
I also chose not to eat 6 more doughnuts while still sitting there; to ensure I did not ruin the specialness with nausea and vomiting.

Waiting makes doughnuts taste better, but don't take my word for it - try it. Don't eat sugar for ten days and see how awesome doughnuts can be.